For Windows & MacIntosh Users
(On-Campus and Off-Campus)
Eudora is a Windows-compatible
email program available to SRU students, faculty, and staff. To use it,
download it to your home computer or onto your university H: Drive (see the
H: Drive information sheets for details.
Part I: Downloading
- Start Internet Explorer or any other Web
- Go to the Slippery Rock University's
homepage at www.sru.edu and click on "Academic Programs and Research",
then "Information Technology Services."
- Scroll down until you see "FTP at SRU"
and click on the link.
- Find the directory where you would like
to save the file, and click "Save." For example, you could save the file to
c:\temp as shown below. Be sure to remember where you saved the file. EXAMPLE:
if you want to be able to access your Eudora email from one of the campus
computer labs, install Eudora Light on your H: Drive (see "How to
Connect to the H & I Drives" information sheet).
After downloading the respective files,
you can now install them.
Part II: Installing
Eudora On Your Computer
- Click on "Start" and "Run."
- Type in c:\temp\setup.exe ("c:\temp" is
the directory that you saved the file to. If you picked a different location,
type it instead.
- This will begin the Eudora installation
- Install to any directory you wish, but
for most people c:\Eudora will be fine
- Continue to answer questions until the
installation is complete.
Part III: Setting Up
- Go to the "Start," "Programs," "Eudora"
folder and run Eudora.
- At the top you will see a menu named
"Tools." Click on "Tools," then click on "Options." You should see a screen
similar to this:
- Enter the required information. For POP
account information, see below.
POP Accounts for
Faculty and Staff:
In the "POP account" field, enter email@example.com
POP Accounts for
- In the "POP account" field, enter your
user ID, which is on the back of your student ID. Your user ID is your three
initials followed by four randomly generated number, and is also your SRU email.
If you don't know your user ID, you can go to the campus directory at
http://www.sru.edu/pages/109.asp and search for your name.
- Under the "Personal Identification"
icon, enter information as it applies to you.
- After you have finished, click on "OK."
- You may now click on the "File" menu and
"Check your mail."
If you get an error message,
make sure all of your information is correct. A common mistake is having
machine and user names in capital letters. Make sure all of these are lower
case. Also, be sure to use your full name (if your name is "Steven Smith,"
be sure to type in "steven.smith" --NOT "steve.smith" or "Steven.smith").
If you require
further assistance, please call the Help Desk at (724) 0738-4357.