All of the SRU network must have a valid SRU network ID and password to logon. When the wireless signal is identified by the laptop and the
user connects to an internet browser, they are redirected to a web page which requires their SRU network user credentials to be inputted and
authenticated to grant access to the network. This protects us from unknown users on the network.
Step by step instructions:
Where are wireless networks available?
- Connect to the srustudents network (Do not use sruwireless or sru8021x)
- Open internet explorer or any other web browser
- your browser should be redirected to a login page
- use your normal SRU username and password and you will then be connected and ready to use the internet
- If you are using vista, you will get a certification error at the login page, just choose the continue option and you should be fine.
- SRU Wireless Locations