(Submission deadline for the first issue, Fall, 2010: October 29, 2010)
About Rock Research Expo
Rock Research Expo is published online twice yearly, in Spring and Fall. Rock Research Expo (RRE) serves as a newsletter that keeps our campus informed of the exciting accomplishments, scholarly endeavors and potential research opportunities for both faculty members and students. Specifically, Rock Research Expo aims to:
- To introduce new knowledge of different disciplines to campus students,
- To provoke students’ interests and curiosity in knowledge exploration,
- To promote long term academic communication and collaboration on campus, and most importantly,
- To develop a success-driven environment of learning for both professors and students
- Recent publications of faculty members and students on campus (title, authors, and short abstract)
- Research Projects and Grant Acquisition (title, authors, brief introduction)
- Recent conference presentations of faculty members and students
- Announcement of grant opportunities
- Announcement of visiting scholars on campus and a short bio for each scholar.
- Announcement of research related activities on campus
- Information submitted should be an in depth elaboration in layman terms to excite the readers.
- Anyone on campus could submit their information online or by email. Student submission needs to have a supporting letter or email from a faculty member.
- The basic submission standards for the newsletter will be that the submitted material be legible, pertinent, and appropriate to present to the campus community.
- Authors should be responsible for the accuracy of their submissions. Newsletter editors and SRU will NOT be responsible for the verification of the submitted information.
Dr. Jeffrey Forrest, Department of Mathematics, Tel: 724-738-2510, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Jialing Wang, Department of Geography, Geology, and the Environment, Tel: 724-738-2383, Email: email@example.com
Mr. Philip Tramdack,
Tel: 724-738-2630, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Judith Silva,
Tel: 724-738-2658, Email: email@example.com>
Ms. Jessica Marshall,
Tel: 724-738-2663, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org>