Tips on how to clean up your email mailbox and delete old/unnecessary items
- Tip - Sort each folder (Inbox, Sent Items, Drafts, etc.) by size and delete emails that are large in size.
- Click on the column that says "Size" and navigate to the first page of emails.
- Here, you will find your largest emails - Emails over 100KB in size are large emails.
Delete these emails to free up space.
- Tip - Permanently delete your emails
- Any emails you delete from the "Deleted Items" folder don't immediately get permanently deleted.
You can choose to permanently delete these items.
- Click on "Options" on the left side.
- Scroll down to the bottom where it says "Recover Deleted Items" - Click "View Items."
- From here, you can select the items you wish to be permanently deleted.
- Tip - Recover accidentally deleted items - if you've accidentally deleted an email that you shouldn't have,
for a short period of time you can recover those items.
- Click on "Options" on the left side
- Scroll down to the bottom where it says "Recover Deleted Items" - Click "View Items"
- From here, you can select the emails you wish to recover. Any emails you recover are moved to your
"Deleted Items" folder.