Off-Campus Services for Distance Education Users
Contact your Distance Education Librarian
Evening Office Hours: Mondays
Access to Journal Articles and Databases
Your SRU network logon or your 16-digit student ID ISO number can be used to access the library's many online databases off campus. Your SRU network logon is the same username and password you use for accessing SRU email. Your ISO number is located on the front of your new student ID. For off-campus access to the library's research databases, you will need to type in your network username and password OR your ISO number when prompted on the screen.
- If you do not know your SRU network logon, you can contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 724-738-4357.
- For questions concerning the student ID ISO number, please contact the University ID Office at 724-738-2100.
- If you do not have an ISO number, or are having trouble logging in, your number is accessible to you M-F from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. through RockTalk, by following these instructions.
Additional questions about accessing library resources
remotely should be directed to Kathy Manning
Borrow Books by Mail/Shipping Service
Books from Bailey Library and books ordered through Interlibrary Loan will be sent at no charge by book-rate to SRU students enrolled in distributed education classes. To request a book, fill out the Interlibrary Loan form or contact Rita McClelland (724-738-2580.) Please indicate in the Note Field that you are enrolled in a distributed education class and would like the book mailed to you. It is the responsibility of the student to mail the books back to Bailey Library by the due date.
Request Photocopies of Articles
Photocopies of articles not found full-text in our research databases may be obtained through Interlibrary Loan by filling out the Interlibrary Loan form.
- Open up SRU web page (http://www.sru.edu)
- Scroll down to "My Rock 1 Stop" and click that page.
- Click onto "RockTalk" on the upper right hand corner.
- The page will open up onto the Welcome page; click the "Student Login" box.
- Put your social security number and pin number into the boxes provided. If you have never been to RockTalk before, leave the pin number box blank.
- This will open up into the Main Menu. Select "Student Account and Financial Aid."
- Above the financial balance of your account, there is a line of access codes. This is where you will find your 16-digit ISO code.